2009 Jul 30 12:36

[vox] centos project in possible trouble

[vox] centos project in possible trouble

This can't be good:

http://centos.org/

July 30, 2009 04:39 UTC

This is an Open Letter to Lance Davis from fellow CentOS Developers

It is regrettable that we are forced to send this letter but we are
left with no other options. For some time now we have been attempting
to resolve these problems:

You seem to have crawled into a hole ... and this is not acceptable.

You have long promised a statement of CentOS project funds; to this
date this has not appeared.

You hold sole control of the centos.org domain with no deputy; this is
not proper.

You have, it seems, sole 'Founders' rights in the IRC channels with no
deputy ; this is not proper.

When I (Russ) try to call the phone numbers for UK Linux, and for you
individually, I get a telco intercept 'Lines are temporarily busy' for
the last two weeks. Finally yesterday, a voicemail in your voice
picked up, and I left a message urgently requesting a reply. Karanbir
also reports calling and leaving messages without your reply.

Please do not kill CentOS through your fear of shared management of the project.

Clearly the project dies if all the developers walk away.

Please contact me, or any other signer of this letter at once, to
arrange for the required information to keep the project alive at the
'centos.org' domain.

Sincerely,

Russ Herrold
Ralph Angenendt