2009 Jul 24 13:52

[vox] RFC: Opportunity for LUGOD to advertise on Unitrans

[vox] RFC: Opportunity for LUGOD to advertise on Unitrans

Sounds like LUGOD could advertise on Unitrans for $555 or so.  On the good side:
* Sounds like relatively few hours of work this can happen
* Large number of folks will see it
* For the one time investment in time/money we get exposure for 1 year.

On the downside:
* expensive - at least without a fund raiser it might prevent replacing
              the project and/or bulbs if they dies.
* Seems like it might get stale.... when is the next meeting?  Why go?

I'm not at all familiar with costs for these kinds of things.  Alternatives
that might possibly return more visibility for less time/money:
* Investing more time in Facebook/linked in/twitter and related
* Ad in the campus newspaper and/or Dateline, not sure if anyone reads
  the Davis enterprise ;-).
* go to more conferences/bigger presence... is this just time constrained?
  would sponsorship help?
* more posters
* more internet terminals, we have one at coop and one at coffee shop?  Any
  at the teen center?  Davis Library?
* Maybe free wifi with a captive portal that mentions Lugod?  Seems like $500
  make a decent amount of progress.

Of course, this is all hand waving.  Certainly anyone willing to do any of the
above (including the bus advertisements) should certainly get a big say in how
it's done.

Food for thought anyways.