2009 Jul 24 13:54

Re: [vox] [fwd] LUGOD Treasury Position And Financials

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 02:30:31PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> Just a thought: Consider a credit union instead of a bank.  I think of
> credit unions being to banking much as open source is to software...
> like not constantly inventing new ways to soak you for fees.  I recently
> opened an account with Travis and am very pleased with it so far.

Good point.  I agree.  I've asked Greg to investigate banks that make
sense for LUGOD (in terms of sensible rates, easy access for LUG officers
to to deposits, etc.)

My Toastmasters club had an account at Provident CU but we're moving to US Bank so we can get a Visa debit card in the club's name.