2009 Jul 25 18:55

[vox] Updated "Bay Area LUGs" flyer created for OSCON

[vox] Updated "Bay Area LUGs" flyer created for OSCON

As a follow-up to yesterday's email [1], I wanted to let people know
that an updated version of the flyer has been created.

Jack DeSlippe of Berkeley LUG created a simpler map, with penguin icons
marking each city (rather than the plain looking "x"es I had).  He also
redid the LUG list to be less wordy, and made the intro text stand out more.

An updated version, in both color and B&W PDFs, as well as the source
document (this time in OpenOffice.org Impress ".odp") are now available
here:

  http://lugod.org/projects/oscon/bay_area_lugs/

Thanks to Jack, as well as Grant Bowman from the Ubuntu California LoCo Team
for the feedback on how to spice the flyer up.

Marsee Henon from O'Reilly and Larry Cafiero from Fedora (and FeltonLUG)
have offered to put copies of the final flyer out at their tables at OSCON,
along with the Ubuntu Calif. LoCo.

I'm still interested in hearing whether we can get the same flyer exposed
at OpenSourceWorld (prev'ly LinuxWorld Expo) next month, as well.
Has anyone got any leads?  (i.e., businesses or orgs that will be there)

[1] My email from yesterday can be found here, among other places:

PS - Repeat note from last time:
     I'm sending this to either the discussion mailing list, or whatever
     contact email address I could find via your LUG's website.
     Feel free to pass this along as you see fit!

--
Bill Kendrick
root@lugod.org

(Your address: vox@lists.lugod.org )