2009 Jul 10 14:30

[vox] [fwd] LUGOD Treasury Position And Financials

Greg's apparently not subscribed to 'vox' (or at least, wasn't when he
tried posting this).

Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 05:13:21 -0700
From: G Fitzgerald <gfitzgerald1024@gmail.com>
Subject: LUGOD Treasury Position And Financials
To: vox@lists.lugod.org
Cc: vox-officers@lists.lugod.org

   All,

   The purpose of this e-mail is to inform the group and officers of the
   latest information related to the group's financials, and Treasury
   position.
   For those not in the loop, I was recently elected Treasurer of LUGOD, and
   have been tasked with getting the group's finances back in order.

   Our outgoing Treasurer has closed LUGOD's account with his local bank, and
   provided me with a check, made out to the group, for the account balance.
   Additionally, I have learned that the group's mailing address has been
   closed.

   I met with our President, Bill Kendrick, during this week's social, and
   discussed our next steps.
   Bill is in full agreement with the plan below, and I wanted to communicate
   it to the group.

   The plan is as follows:
   1) Using the check provided to me by our outgoing Treasurer, I will
   re-establish a bank account in the group's name.
   Both Bill and myself will have full privileges on the account, primarily
   for the purposes of depositing collections, and writing checks for
   expenses.
   Bill has indicated that he will likely be unavailable to accompany me to
   establish his signature authority on the account this month, but we will
   do this when our schedules permit - in the meantime, Bill has agreed that
   the account should be established.

   2) Once the funds have settled, I will use the funds to re-establish a
   post office box for the group, which is important for tax purposes.

   3) Once the bank account and post office box have been established, I will
   contact the IRS and provide them with the new address, and verify if there
   is any outstanding correspondence (perhaps sent to the old address) which
   requires our attention.

   I'll keep the group informed (via e-mail and updates at our official
   meetings) of our progress on these, and any other
   Treasury/financial-related issues.

   If there are any concerns with the above plan, please let me know.

   Thank You,
   Greg FitzGerald

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer