2009 Jul 10 13:15

[vox] GP2X talk?

So someone from SacLUG was selling their Gamepark GP2X handheld game
system.  (Think "GameBoy", but "runs Linux")

It included a breakout board, that lets me (among other things) export
the video and audio out, so I should be able to hook it up to the
projector.  (Linus Sphinx from SacLUG did this when he did a talk on game
development at a recent SacLUG meeting.)

Would people be interested?

Also, if the "Pandora" device ever comes out, I'll need to convince
Marianne Waage (a local Pandora fangirl) to come talk at LUGOD about
that, too.  Perhaps at the same meeting, depending on scheduling.

And yes, I know, you're probably think "wow, Linux-based game console
from Asia... that probably didn't last very long, and is pretty
useless," but actually, it's about the only portable game system that
you can hack on (tons of homebrew games and ports), and Gamepark
Holdings just came out with their followup to the GP2X, the "Wiz".
(I'm seeing it for ~$180)  Plus, the "Pandora" is a community-driven
follow-up to the GP2X lineage.  (Though I still consider it vaporware, mostly
to annoy Marianne ;) )

Sent from my computer