2009 Jun 15 14:36

[vox] [fwd] BALUG: REMINDER - TOMORROW!: Tu 2009-06-16 Kyle Rankinon?forensics [San Fran]

----- Forwarded message from Michael Paoli -----

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:10:46 -0700
From: "Michael Paoli"
Subject: [BALUG-Announce] BALUG: REMINDER - TOMORROW!: Tu 2009-06-16 Kyle
	Rankin on	forensics

BALUG: REMINDER - TOMORROW!: Tu 2009-06-16 Kyle Rankin on forensics

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG)
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2009-06-16

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2009-06-16 BALUG meeting, we're excited to have Kyle Rankin[1]
on forensics.

In this talk Kyle Rankin will provide an introduction to performing
forensics analysis on Linux machines using the popular Sleuth Kit[2]
tools with their easy-to-use Autopsy[3] web-based front-end.  The talk
will cover initial installation and configuration of Sleuthkit and
Autopsy, basic concepts and considerations for a forensics
investigation, and at the end there will be a demo with a real,
compromised Linux image.

Kyle Rankin is a systems architect for Quinstreet, Inc.[4], the current
president of the North Bay Linux Users Group[5], the author of Knoppix
Hacks[6], Knoppix Pocket Reference[7], Linux Multimedia Hacks[8], and
Ubuntu Hacks[9] and has contributed to a number of other O'Reilly[10]
books. Kyle is also a columnist for Linux Journal[11] and has had
articles featured in PC Magazine[12], TechTarget[13] and other
publications.

 1. http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1849
 2. http://www.sleuthkit.org/sleuthkit/
 3. http://www.sleuthkit.org/autopsy/
 4. http://www.quinstreet.com/
 5. http://www.nblug.org/
 6. http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596007874/
 7. http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596100759/
 8. http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596100766/
 9. http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596527204/
10. http://oreilly.com/
11. http://www.linuxjournal.com/
12. http://www.pcmag.com/
13. http://www.techtarget.com/

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP:

       rsvp@balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the
Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they help ensure that we'll be
able to eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

       6:30pm
       Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 2009-06-16

       Four Seas Restaurant
       731 Grant Ave.
       San Francisco, CA 94108
       Easy $5 PARKING:  Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

http://www.balug.org/

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer