2009 Jun 15 14:28

[vox] Reminder: "Cernio Tech Co-Op" at Linux Users' Group of Davistonight (Mon, June 15)

[vox] Reminder: "Cernio Tech Co-Op" at Linux Users' Group of Davistonight (Mon, June 15)

Reminder:  Graham Freeman, Founder & General Manager of the
Cernio Technology Cooperative, will be coming out from Berkeley to
talk at tonight's LUGOD meeting in Davis!

NOTE!  We'll be meeting at a special location:  The "Teaching Kitchen"
of the Davis Food Co-Op in downtown Davis.  This is across the
street from the Co-Op's storefront, at:

  537 G Street
  Davis, CA 95616

For more, see:  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

About the presentation:

How members of the Cernio Tech Co-op use Linux to shape the world: A
tale of sex, software, and community building.

The Cernio Technology Cooperative provides its members with
technology infrastructure to sustain and enhance their professional,
academic, and personal lives. A cooperative (an association of persons
who join together to carry on an economic activity of mutual benefit)
Cernio aims in part to make life easier for entrepreneurs working on
non-profits and for-profits alike. To that end, members have access to
Cernio's infrastucture shared currently including server colocation
and network services.

About the speaker:

Graham describes himself as "a generalist with varying
specialties. Heavy emphasis on helping people make effective use of
technology, whether in cooperative, commercial, public-benefit, or
academic settings." He currently manages IT at an injury prevention
firm in Northern California, along with managing Cernio.

Sent from my computer