January 6: Social gathering
2009 Jun 09 06:39

[vox] City of Davis facilities for LUGOD meetings

[vox] City of Davis facilities for LUGOD meetings

I called City of Davis and learned about the Senior Center.
Their "Club Room" holds 120 people, and costs $38/hr.  If we
register as a community group, we could get it for $19/hr.
(The next sized down room holds 65, and comm. group price is $18/hr.)

Rooms at the Sen. Ctr. can be booked for up to 2yrs in advance.

Alex replied to my post about this on LUGOD's private officer list
with the following comments:

> Basement of the Teen Center is only $13/hr and seat up to 150.
> Redwood Park Building is $11/hr seats 75
> Hattie Weber Museum is $12/hr seats 40
> Brady Building is $11/hr seats 40
>
> Teen Center might get free wireless from the park, Museum might too.
>
> All of these facilities are listed in one place as
> http://cityofdavis.org/cs/facility/details.cfm?type=Facility
>
> Parking should be easy at any of them. I'll work on Campus facilities
> for the rest of the summer to minimize our costs.

I'm not sure if those are the comm. grp. prices for those rooms.
In any case, they all sound good.  Meeting attendance has been between
12 and 21 the past few meetings (not counting the Jan. 10th anniv. meeting).

I'm not sure of the regular availability (sen. ctr. is available for our
Monday meeting, but we'll be meeting at the Davis Food Co-Op's
Teaching Kitchen), or how far ahead we can schedule.

BUT... I'll be contacting someone at the City of Davis tomorrow to find out.

In the meantime, any feelings regarding these choices?  (It might be moot
for a few months, since, as Alex said, he'll be looking at UC Davis
facilities.  Parking there is easier and free during summer.)