2009 Jun 06 21:50

[vox] [fwd] VCF Archives Still Moving...Your Help Still Appreciated

The Vintage Computer Festival archives are being moved, and
assistance is (still) needed!

----- Forwarded message from Sellam Ismail -----

Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 09:42:09 -0700
From: sellam@vintagetech.com (Sellam Ismail)
Subject: VCF Archives Still Moving...Your Help Still Appreciated

Dear VCF Fans,

The move of the VCF Archives has gone a little slower than hoped for,
but all the pieces are now in place to up the throughput from 56K to
a full T1.

We have a forklift on both ends and a 26' moving van with a liftgate
that can accomodate a small house.  We'll also be getting another
tractor trailor dropped off, probably early this coming week.

So if you missed out on all the fun over the past two weeks, here's
another opportunity to be involved in the toil, torture and torment
that is entailed by a move of 200 tons of vintage computing stuff
and its supporting infrastructure.

As I'm a week into June already the landlord at the old place is
breathing down my neck.  And believe me, the guy's breath stinks.  So
any and all help you might provide in getting me out of this place
would be greatly appreciated.  I only send out these pleas when I'm
desperate, and I only get desperate when the deck is stacked against
me, and this is one of those times :)

If you're able to help, even if for an hour, please call or e-mail
to coordinate.

My warmest regards,

Sellam Ismail
Schlepper (running on fumes)