2009 May 29 10:43

Re: [vox] Linux Framebuffer Programming?

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 04:43:17PM -0700, Adam Yergovich wrote:
>    Hello all,
>
>    After much pain and suffering i managed to compile a 2.6 kernel with
>    working framebuffer drivers on an ARM device.  I'd now like to program it
>    to do some fun things!
>
>    Can anyone point me in the right direction to some information on how i
>    start to use the drivers from my C program in Linux?

Not sure if it's what you need, but I believe libSDL can target Linux
framebuffer.  I think it's been used in some stand-alone games and/or kiosks
or something.

  http://www.libsdl.org/

(And the nice thing is, it targets _other_ backends, like X11,
Win32 GDI and DirectX, Mac OS X Cocoa, etc.  So you can do initial development
and testing on a desktop environment.)

Note: I've never done this (ARM embedded, or using Linux FB via SDL) myself.

-bill!
PS - This is a better question for vox-tech, I think...