2009 May 07 22:33

Re: [vox] good CAPTCHA

;)

Brilliant: "Computers suck and I hate the internet. Have a nice day."

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 02:55:55AM +0000, Seth Nagao wrote:
> That sounds like a good idea but my main concern would be with screen readers.  I'm pretty sure they will pick up on that extra field.
>
> Of course, if section 508 isn't an issue then this could be acceptable.

Use a <label> tag or somesuch that will get read out as something like:

 Don't enter anything in this field, it's to prevent spam bots.
 Sorry for the inconvenience, but hey, at least I'm not using some stupid
 graphical captcha that NON-blind people can't even read half the time!
  Computers suck and I hate the internet. Have a nice day.

Or, you know, whatever sounds good.