2009 Apr 22 11:34

Re: [vox] Why Ubuntu, Kubuntu?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:30:31AM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Actually, I see no reason to upgrade to 9.04 at the moment.

Ubuntu (GNOME), Kubuntu (KDE), Xubunut (XFCE) or something else?

Various bits of KDE4 irritate me on a daily basis, so I'm interested
in seeing if they're better.  Three examples off the top of my head:

  * Konsole remembers the size of the latest window, so if I ever
    click 'maximize', all future Konsoles are fullscreen until
    I carefully and precisely resize one of them to 80 chars wide.
    I see no way of saving/loading the terminal size, like I believe
    Konsole in KDE 3 could do. :^(

  * Kate's "Recent Documents" is useless.  It's always empty!

  * Krunner doens't _actually_ launch apps ~50% the time.
    ([Alt]+[F2] [K][A][T][E][Enter] ... nothin'.  *Confused swearing*
    [Alt]+[F2] [K][A][T][E][Enter] ... Kate launches.  *Annoyed swearing*)