2009 Apr 22 11:03

Re: [vox] Why Ubuntu, Kubuntu?

Any reason not to upgrade?  I upgraded to the Jaunty release candidate
last Friday.  Upgrade went smoothly, nothing broke, (*plugs in usb
camera to make sure* yup, still works, unlike intrepid upgrade...).
The new notification system is slick, the multiple displays interface
is improved (important for me since I take laptop from home to work
and connect it to a different external monitor at each location).
Haven't tried to do anything with ext4, reformatting my harddisk
sounds like a pain.  Any reason to?  They say rebooting is faster now,
but I can't vouch for that, since I haven't rebooted yet :-P.

-Carl

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com> wrote:
> Actually, I see no reason to upgrade to 9.04 at the moment. I installed
> it on a spare drive on my Dell Inspiron 1420n and thus far, I see some
> flashy features, but nothing at the moment that would compel me to
> upgrade. For some reason, the dialogue boxes on OpenOffice 3.0 appeared
> a little funky. It might be due to me being the inept user, but I was
> just giving it a jab to see how things worked.
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 08:13:10PM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
>> On Tuesday 21 April 2009, Brian Lavender wrote:
>> > Only two more days until Jaunty comes out! My Dell Mini 9 with 8.04
>> > works great.
>>
>> What will Jaunty do?
>>
>> (I'm sticking with Kubuntu 8.04 to avoid KDE 4.x.  Sorry bill!.)
>>
>> Bob
>
> --
> Brian Lavender
> http://www.brie.com/brian/