2009 Apr 15 13:15

[vox] Upcoming conference ".org" opportunities for LUGOD

[vox] Upcoming conference ".org" opportunities for LUGOD

LUGOD has the opportunity to get a ".org" booth at both
CommunityOne (overlapping Sun's JavaOne in San Francisco)
and OSCON (O'Reilly's conference, which has been in Portland in the past,
and is in San Jose this year).

I'm especially excited about the latter [1], but wanted to get the group's
thoughts on whether we'd like to put a booth together at either of them.
There's also Whole Earth Festival at UC Davis, which we've already signed
up for.

  WEF at UCD:          May 8-10
  CommunityOne in SF:  June 1-3
  OSCON in SJ:         July 20-24

The best place to discuss this is our 'vox-outreach' list, but I realize
not everyone is subscribed, so I'm blasting this brief note out to
'vox' and 'vox-announce'.

If you're interested in events like WEF, OSCON, LinuxWorld,
Govt. Tech. Conf., Software Freedom Day, etc.[2], you should really be
subscribed [3] to 'vox-outreach'.

Worst-case, email me privately, or post (briefly) to 'vox'.
Thanks,

pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis

[1] If there's no LUGOD or local-LUG booth at OSCON, I'm almost certainly
    going to try and get a Tux4Kids one, myself. :)

[2] Projects and events we've participated in:  http://www.lugod.org/projects/