2009 Mar 20 19:47

[vox] [fwd] User group trial of "click2try.com"

LUGOD got this yesterday.  It actually sounds pretty on-topic,
so I decided to pass it along.  I'm looking at it right now...
might be a neat way to get Tux Paint more exposure. ;)

----- Forwarded message from Mark Smallwood <mark.smallwood@click2try.com> -----

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:21:12 +0000
From: "Mark Smallwood" <mark.smallwood@click2try.com>
Subject: We are Open Source advocates and thought your Members would find this useful
To: root@lugod.org

click2try

To view an HTML version in your browser, please click on the following
link
www.click2try.com/user-group-html

Dear Bill Kendrick,

Our company has just launched a new website at click2try.com
that hosts Open Source apps targeted to small- and medium-sized
businesses. Using Xen and some homegrown code, we've created a jukebox
application to host the apps, and a viewer that lets users run the
applications from within a browser, without the need to download
software to the local client. In addition, visitors can run all of the
hosted applications at no cost, during a trial period, which they can
read about on the site.

We currently have more than 35 business applications available,
including CentOS and Eclipse. We hope that some of your Open Source
users and/or LUG members, especially newer members, would like to try
these application deployments running in our Xen hypervisor
implementation.

Although our market is primarily small- and medium-sized businesses, we
value the perspective of user group members, who we believe will have
a more technical perspective than the typical business user.

If you think your members might be interested in taking a look, please
forward them this email or the link below, which will take them to a
special entry page where they can sign up for a free account.

www.click2try.com/user-group-welcome

We would love to talk to you more about your user group and Open
Source. Please feel free to contact me any time.

Mark Smallwood
mark.smallwood@click2try.com
1.713.401.9654 ext.108

P.S. We also have an introductory video that covers all of the
capabilities of the site, if some of your members would be interested
in seeing that first:
www.click2try.com/getting-started

Copyright 2008 Presage Technologies LLC. All Rights Reserved

----- End forwarded message -----