January 6: Social gathering
2009 Mar 17 17:01

[vox] OLPCorps Africa

FYI...and before anyone questions what this has to do with a LUG, this
project will be deploying 100 GNU/Linux machines in several of the 53
African nations :-)

"OLPCorps Africa is a unique grant program focused specifically on
learning in Africa. Student teams are equipped with the tools,
resources, and know-how to develop grassroots learning environments in
an African country of their choice. OLPC is drawing upon the world's
student leaders to spark a university-led grassroots initiative in
this global learning movement. Through OLPCorps Africa, OLPC is
creating a global network of student leaders who will create a lasting
impact at the local level, build a network of student activists, and
initiate a grant program that will become renown. "

More FAQ at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPCorps_FAQ

A summer internship with real work in an African nation. Would anyone
be interested? Details: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPCorps_Africa
Please pass it along.

Sameer
--