2009 Mar 16 22:56

Re: [vox] [vox-announce] New meeting location needed soon!

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:13:57PM -0700, Zach Johnson wrote:
> Pioneer HS in Woodland has free use of facilities by NPOs

LUGOD meeting in Woodland would be silly, since many of us come
from Davis (and some who come from west down 80 would need to travel
20 mins extra each way).

> Davis Senior High School?

Could be possible.  I wonder if they are, or will soon, get
deluged with clubs like ours who are about to lose our meeting
room for a year.

> Davis Rotary Club?

What's their facility like & where is it?

> Schilling Robotics?

We definitely have (had) people in the club who work(ed) there.

> Z-World? Wait they kicked us out already. ;)

Yeah.  They chopped their lunch room in two, to make way for
more office space.  It's not suitable for meetings any more.
I liked it, though.  Nice AC in the summer.  Big windows. :)

> Churches?

Any specific suggestiosn?

> DCN?

I think their facilities are a bit small, and parking could be
an issue.  (Most people'd end up along the sidewalk on 5th,
I think.)

> cal.net?

What's their facility like & where is it?

> UCD? Oh, parking sucks on weeknights..

Yeah.  UCD is ok for last-minute one-offs, but it really is kind of
a pain in the butt, IMO.  Esp. with non-free parking.  Ouch!