January 6: Social gathering
2009 Mar 09 23:36

Re: [vox] [fwd] Dvorak recommends LInux

And with Dell and Canonical working together, it seems only a matter of
time before time before the tide shifts. In the meantime, there is still
lots of work to be done. On the small business side, a directory server
and samba still aren't quite as easy to kick off as 2003 server.

I am sure that will someday too. ;-) The wheels of free software change
turn slowly, but once changes occur, there's no turning back.

I was thinking that 2003 would have been the year of the Linux desktop.

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 07:36:48PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Seen on SF-LUG.
>
> -bill!
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Christian Einfeldt -----
>
> Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:15:06 -0700
> From: Christian Einfeldt
> Subject: [sf-lug] Dvorak recommends LInux
>
>    Dvorak is a nut case, but he's a widely read nut case:
>
>    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2342703,00.asp
>
>    " I'm tired of dealing with Windows malware, patch Tuesday, and the
>    never-ending deterioration of the OS as it clogs up like a drain in a
>    greasy-spoon restaurant. I can't take it anymore."
>
>    "If I had a small or mid-size company, I'd probably use only Linux and
>    open-source software, just to stay out of the way of the software police
>    and their onerous "audits"*another abhorrent situation that, to me, is
>    intolerable."
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> --
> -bill!
> "Tux Paint" - free children's drawing software for Windows / Mac OS X / Linux!
> Download it today!  http://www.tuxpaint.org/

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/