2009 Mar 05 16:57

[vox] [fwd] Linux Foundation Training

----- Forwarded message from Angela Brown <angela@linux-foundation.org> -----

Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:37:28 -0800
From: Angela Brown <angela@linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Linux Foundation Training
To: root@lugod.org

Good morning,

My name is Angela Brown and I am with the Linux Foundation here in San
Francisco.  As you may know, we are holding our annual Collaboration
Summit in San Francisco this year, from April 8-10.

I am contacting you as we are launching our new Linux Foundation
Training Program at the Collaboration Summit, and we want to make sure
that we let all local Linux developers know about it.  Why are we
launching this program?  The embedded, mobile and netbook markets have
exploded recently, resulting in rapid expansion of Linux use in
companies previously who used proprietary offerings. When a market
grows this quickly, the need for well trained developer talent rises
just as precipitously. With the Linux Foundation's Training program,
attendees will receive training that is vendor-neutral, technically
advanced and built in conjunction with the actual leaders of the Linux
development community themselves. The Linux Foundation training
classes will give attendees the broad, foundational knowledge and
networking needed to thrive in their careers today.

Information on our entire training program can be found here:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/training

The classes we will be offering this April at the Collaboration Summit
are: Creating Applications for Linux, Essential Linux Device Driver
Development Skills and  Kernel Debugging and Performance.  Each class
is an intensive two-day course on April 6 & 7, and the cost is $1099.
Students are automatically accepted to attend the invitation only
Collaboration Summit as well (taking place April 8-10 in the same
location).

I was hoping you would be able to pass this information on to your LUG
members in case they are interested.  Please let me know if you have
any questions.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Angela