2009 Feb 26 03:17

Re: [vox] Fund-raiser possibility at Dos Coyotes

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 05:15:14PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I'm not, but that's besides the point. Many dining establishments do the
> same thing. Steve's, Baskin Robbins, etc.
>
> What are we fund raising for? Last time I checked we weren't short on
> any funds in particular. Without a goal I hesitate to do a fund raiser.

Well, I honestly don't know how much we have in the bank (Henry!?),
and we did spend a bit on our anniversary meeting (though we also had
some generous contributions, too).

I'd also love to advertise more around town (e.g., on Unitrans, once
they have some space available), and that costs $$$ too.
We also should always keep enough around to replace our projector bulbs
(or the projector itself), since that's a big necessity at our meetings. :)

Mostly just noticing a new possibility for fund-raising, and seeing
what people think.