2009 Feb 24 14:37

[vox] LISA '09: Submit Your Paper Today!

[vox] LISA '09: Submit Your Paper Today!

Dear Colleague,

It's that time again. The LISA '09 organizers invite you to contribute
refereed papers and proposals for invited talks and workshops.

The Call for Participation with submission guidelines and sample topics
can be found on the USENIX Web site:

http://www.usenix.org/lisa09/cfpb

Since 1987, the annual LISA conference has become the premier
meeting place for professional system and network administrators and
2009 is no exception.

New for 2009:
-- We're looking for papers showcasing both theory and practice. The
"practice" papers can be less formal. However, they still need to
provide not only what was done, but also what was learned and why other
sysadmins would want to know.

-- Pre-shepherding is available. Submit an idea or an outline
and get feedback before writing the full paper. This is perfect for
those who are looking to submit for the first time or are unsure if
their ideas really merit full papers.

-- Only draft full papers will be accepted. Please submit your
work by April 30, 2009.

We're also looking for any ideas you have for Guru Is In sessions,
Work-in-Progress Reports, posters, and training sessions. See below for
the full list of deadlines.

Email your ideas to the program chair: lisa09ideas@usenix.org

We look forward to hearing from you!

On behalf of the LISA '09 Organizers,

Adam Moskowitz, SiCortex, Inc.
LISA '09 Program Chair
lisa09chair@usenix.org

IMPORTANT DATES
Refereed papers submissions due: April 30, 2009
Proposals for invited talks, workshops, Guru Is In sessions, and
tutorials due: May 29, 2009
Notification to all submitters: July 7, 2009
Final papers due: August 22, 2009
Poster proposals due: September 18, 2009
Notification to poster presenters: September 25, 2009
Submission guidelines and more information can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/lisa09/cfpb