January 6: Social gathering
2009 Feb 03 18:31

Re: [vox] Semi-OT: LUGOD 'sponsorship' of an event?

Re: [vox] Semi-OT: LUGOD 'sponsorship' of an event?

You should form AUGOD :)

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

Vintage Computer Festival didn't happen in Mtn. View this past fall.
I've had a table at a number of the past few VCFs, with my
vintage Atari systems (8-bit computer, 2600 and Jaguar game systems and
Lynx handheld game systems).

Since that event didn't happen, and now that I'm back in Davis, I'm planning
on putting together an "Atari Party".  For a few hours one weekend, I'll have
all my gear set up and inviting friends (and the public) to come geek out,
old-school style.

As LUGOD president, and keeper-of-the-swag-box, I'm in possession of LUGOD's
projector.  The thought of throwing Star Raiders or Tempest 2000 up on a
projection screen is quite exciting. (Did I mention I'm a geek?)

Does anyone here have any objection to my borrowing the club's projector
for this event?  (I would, of course, list LUGOD as a sponsor of this event,
in return for the favor.)

Thanks!