2009 Jan 29 15:10

Re: [vox] Does Anybody Like KDE 4.x?

> I see 4.2 is available for Ubuntu 8.10, so I'm taking the dive.
> I watched some videos, and it already looks to have some cool improvements.
> Eager to get it running (and hoping nothing breaks in the process :^/ )

Well, I want to see what all the fuss is about, but I don't want to mess
things up like I did a few weeks ago.  I've read that I can install KDE
alongside GNOME by issuing  'sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop'  Then
I can choose between the two using the sessions menu at the login screen.

Is this correct?  I'm not going to make some quasi GNOME KDE hybrid,
right?  Also, will this install the most current KDE 4.2?

Thanks!
Aaron