2009 Jan 29 16:33

Re: [vox] No reason not to switch

Sorry, I was trying to be funny. The serious part of the message was
that I still haven't switched to 64 bit, since I don't feel like dinking
around with things that I already had working in 32 bit. I know in a
having good luck with it, but there still sounded like a couple
annoyances. I just use VirtualBox for Win XP. It runs so great. I have
professors at school who have some document that Open Office just
doesn't render correctly, so I keep XP as a VM with MS Office 2007.

I guess the real temptation is to see the remainder of that 4 Gigs
installed in my laptop. I have to say I am impressed with the power of
this Dell laptop and its Intel T7500 processor. I believe I have fired
up five or six VMs and the machine still seems to chug along.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:26:27PM -0800, Chris Evans wrote:
>    I recently switched to Ubuntu intrepid 8.10, decided against a triboot
>    w/ xp
>    and an pleasant surprised by the capabilities on my laptop.  I
>    recommend install a
>    fat16 or 32 part 1st and install dos/windows 98se and mounted as a /dos
>    in linux and
>    conf dosemu to use that part. to boot off of.
>    I still not sure if /boot should be its own partition or on the /...
>    Be sure to be playing the  victory music, when you delete your xp in
>    fdisk. :-)
>
>    On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Brian Lavender <[1]brian@brie.com>
>    wrote:
>
>      So, I have been using Windows all my life, and now I have no reason
>      not
>      to switch to Ubuntu, except for Uncertainty, Doubt, Fear, and Taxes.
>      like to think of this as UDFT. It's sort of like the upcoming
>      transition
>      to digital TV. I used to switch over to the UHF knob, and now I have
>      painted the letters UDFT onto it. All should be good.
>      JK. ;-)
>      I see native versions of Flash and the Java Plugin available for
>      Ubuntu
>      64 bit.
>      [2]http://queleimporta.com/category/linux/64-bit/
>      If you don't read spanish, the english is a little down the page.
>      ¡£Si, me importa!
>      brian
>      --
>      Brian Lavender