2009 Jan 26 18:09

Re: [vox] February LUGOD location

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I've got us penciled in (we'll need to pay $30 to use the room after-hours),
> but I've also recently received and offer to hold the meeting at the
> offices of Davis Media Access (which I believe is the building on 5th
> between L and Poleline).
>
> I'm not sure about parking, aside from parking next to the sidewalk on 5th,
> but I've asked about it.  I believe they said the room can hold 20-30
> people.

FYI, if that is the same building that I'm thinking of (where the Omsoft
office is), the parking is rather tight. It's better once everyone has
left for the day, but it's still not many spots available to begin with.
There's a small lot wrapped around the building with about a dozen spaces
and then street parking. If the nursery and Big-O Tires are closed by the
time the meeting starts (I have no clue of their hours), that opens up a
bit more parking. I'm not sure if the public can park on the city property
to the other side of that building.