Re: [vox] opinions of linux hosting sites?

On Dec 4, 2008, at 7:38 AM, Wes Hardaker wrote:

>  Anyone have opinions of the various linux-ish hosting sites out there?
>  They all seem to have semi-annoying-weird terms of service (unlimited
>  disk space but only 40Mb of images?  what???).  Many of them seem to
>  want to force you to use their DNS servers (I don't, because I want to
>  offer additional records including DNSSEC records).  Some sound great
>  (thinkhost is entirely green-energy based but I've read a number of
>  negative reviews of them).  I'd love to do something local, even
>  with my
>  own machine hosted on a higher-bandwidth link but those options seem
>  be way too expensive.  argg....

I recommend Hurricane Electric: http://he.net . I can't comment on the
DNS feature you're referring to. (I just have a shared account, not my
own machine nor complete access to one of their machines.) But the price
has remained the same for almost 10 years, while the storage and
bandwidth has increased several fold over that time. Also, I like to
support those firms that advertise in Linux magazines.

<snip>