2008 Nov 21 15:24

Re: [vox] Lending Library - give away at 10yr anniversary meeting?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:14:13AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Does anyone out here have any objection?  I think that putting most of those
> books out as free give-aways should be fine.  (While the brand new books
> we received from O'Reilly should be raffle prizes.)  There may be a few
> newer books in the library that we might deep prize-worthy, though.

I was reminded (though I don't recall hearing prior -- but that's probably
just me) that CSU Bakersfield is in need of CS-related books.

I think it'd be a great idea to let them have a first pick.  (They've offered
to pay shipping :^) )

So ... I think the Lending Library will go something like:

  CSU Bakersfield
  Give-aways at 10th birthday meeting
  See if local Libraries (Yolo, Woodland) want what's left
  ... then what?  Recycle?

Any objections to _this_ route?