2008 Nov 07 12:37

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 11/13/2008

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 11/13/2008

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Thursday, November 13th, 2008                        |
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |meeting 7:00 - 9:00 PM, social/networking until 10 PM|
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                             |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                    |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                               |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                            |

  Dan Dennedy, Kino - Non-linear DV video editor

   Dan Dennedy, the lead developer, will talk about the history of Kino and
   give a tour of its features. He will demonstrate capturing, importing,
   editing, exporting, and publishing to a web service. He will also talk a
   little about his newer projects to resume where Kino leaves off.

  Dan Dennedy, lead developer, Kino

   Dan Dennedy has been an open source and Linux developer for around 7
   years. He has worked on IEEE 1394 (FireWire) in the Linux kernel and
   various 1394- and DV-related libraries and applications. He moved to the
   San Francisco Bay Area around 3 years ago with his wife and 3 kids. He
   works full time for MobiTV for the past 4 years as lead software engineer
   in the areas of digital media and streaming technology.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp@penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members@penlug.org
	announce@penlug.org
	sf-lug@linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk@lists.balug.org
	svlug@lists.svlug.org
	svevents@yahoogroups.com
	vox@lists.lugod.org

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.