2008 Oct 21 23:02

Re: [vox] [fwd] Lecture on Open Source presented by CSUS ACM [Fri,Nov. 7, Sacramento]

6:00 - 7:00 pm

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

Brian Lavender passed this along to me (which is good, because I don't
believe they sent a copy to LUGOD :^) )

The message doesn't mention it, but the website does: this event starts
at 6pm on Friday, November 7th.  Enjoy!

----- Forwarded message from Tim Bender <tbender85@gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:48:07 -0700
From: Tim Bender <tbender85@gmail.com>
Subject: Lecture on Open Source presented by CSUS ACM
To: Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com>

  Linux User Groups,
  My name is Tim Bender and I am the President of the CSU Sacramento
  chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery. I want to invite
  you and the members of your group to a lecture on open source business
  models and integrating open source into business. The speaker is Albert
  Wong, an IT Architect from IBM. The lecture is entirely free, including
  parking.
  We also will be hosting a Linux Night after the lecture. Linux Night is
  essentially an install fest. People are invited to bring their hardware
  and in a largely unorganized fashion receive help with installing
  Linux, or just sit around and discuss what they love about Linux, the
  latest news, and experience with the many distributions. ACM provides
  food and drink at all our events, so expect Pizza and Soda for Linux
  Night.
  Links:
  [1]http://www.ecs.csus.edu/acm/acmnews.php?id=12
  [2]http://www.ecs.csus.edu/acm/index.php?content=calendar