2008 Oct 21 23:02

[vox] [fwd] Lecture on Open Source presented by CSUS ACM [Fri,Nov. 7, Sacramento]

Brian Lavender passed this along to me (which is good, because I don't
believe they sent a copy to LUGOD :^) )

The message doesn't mention it, but the website does: this event starts
at 6pm on Friday, November 7th.  Enjoy!

----- Forwarded message from Tim Bender <tbender85@gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:48:07 -0700
From: Tim Bender <tbender85@gmail.com>
Subject: Lecture on Open Source presented by CSUS ACM
To: Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com>

   Linux User Groups,
   My name is Tim Bender and I am the President of the CSU Sacramento
   chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery. I want to invite
   you and the members of your group to a lecture on open source business
   models and integrating open source into business. The speaker is Albert
   Wong, an IT Architect from IBM. The lecture is entirely free, including
   parking.
   We also will be hosting a Linux Night after the lecture. Linux Night is
   essentially an install fest. People are invited to bring their hardware
   and in a largely unorganized fashion receive help with installing
   Linux, or just sit around and discuss what they love about Linux, the
   latest news, and experience with the many distributions. ACM provides
   food and drink at all our events, so expect Pizza and Soda for Linux
   Night.
   Links:
   [1]http://www.ecs.csus.edu/acm/acmnews.php?id=12
   [2]http://www.ecs.csus.edu/acm/index.php?content=calendar