2008 Oct 16 15:08

[vox] [fwd] PenLUG meeting 10/23/2008 - Funambol: Cross-PlatformMobile Apps

----- Forwarded message from Bill Wards -----

Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:00:08 -0700

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Thursday, October 23rd, 2008                         |
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |meeting 7:00 - 9:00 PM, social/networking until 10 PM|
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                             |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                    |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                               |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                            |

  Hal Steger, Funambol: Cross-Platform Mobile Apps

   Funambol is the leading provider of open source push email and mobile
   synchronization for the mass market. It is also the world's most
   established cross-platform mobile open source project, whose software has
   been downloaded 2.5 million times by a global community of 50,000
   developers and project participants. Developers use Funambol to build
   innovative mobile apps and services that run on multiple mobile platforms,
   including smartphones such as the iPhone, Google Android, BlackBerry,
   Windows Mobile, Palm and Mobile Linux, as well as 1.5 billion mass market
   feature phones. At its core, Funambol is an engine that can sync virtually
   any type of data with any type of mobile device. This session will consist
   of a technical introduction to using Funambol on Linux for building
   cross-platform mobile apps and services. It will cover the Funambol
   Server, Funambol Mobile Clients and resources available to people
   interested in building cross-platform mobile apps and services.

   Hal Steger is VP Marketing at Funambol. He has twenty years of technical
   marketing experience at software companies, including Oracle,
   Compuware/Uniface, Hewlett-Packard and several high profile Silicon Valley
   Startups. Hal was co-founder and VP Marketing at Rubric, the pioneer of
   the category of Marketing Automation systems. Rubric was acquired for
   $370M. He has a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Michigan
   and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon's Tepper School of Business.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp@penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

----- End forwarded message -----