2008 Oct 07 22:50

[vox] BayPIGgies meeting Thursday October 09,2008: Pygame multimedia hacking

[vox] BayPIGgies meeting Thursday October 09,2008: Pygame multimedia hacking

BayPIGgies meeting Thursday October 09, 2008:
PyGameSF: A story of multimedia hacking fun with Python
By Harry Tormey and Andrew Turley.

This talk will give an overview of the technologies available for
creating multimedia projects with Python, how the PyGameSF meet up got
started, what it's all about, and an overview of the wide variety of
projects presented at our meetups.

Tonight's Newbie Nugget is...
Unittesting with Mock, presented by Daryl Spitzer

I'll present examples using Michael Foord's Mock library to create unit
tests with mocks or stubs taking the place of module and built-in
functions.
As Mr. Foord writes in
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/mock.html#introduction
"Most mocking libraries follow the 'record -> replay' pattern of
mocking. I prefer the 'action -> assertion' pattern, which is more
readable and intuitive particularly when working with the Python
unittest module."

Location: Google Campus
Building 40, the Seville room
(check in at the lobby in bldg 43)

bayPIGgies meeting information:
http://baypiggies.net/new/plone

* Please sign up in advance to have your google access badge ready:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BayPiggiesGoogleMeetings
(no later than close of business on Wednesday.)

Agenda

..... 7:30 PM ...........................
General hubbub, inventory end-of-meeting announcements,
any first-minute announcements.

..... 7:35 PM to 7:45 PM ................
Newbie Nugget: Unit testing with Mock
by Daryl Spitzer

Pygame, multimedia hacking fun with Python
by Harry

..... 8:45 PM to 9:00 PM -- After The Talk ................
Mapping and Random Access

Mapping is a rapid-fire audience announcement of topics
the announcers are interested in.

Random Access follows immediately to allow follow up
individually on the announcements and other topics of
interest.