2008 Sep 25 12:00

Re: [vox] [OT] Walking papers

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:59:12 -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 01:32:25PM -0800, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
>
>> If you're looking for an experienced embedded Linux guru, I'm not
>> your man. Sorry. And I should have said so in the first place,
>> especially considering where I posted it. My bad. :(
>>

> There's a big Z-80-and-ilk-based company in Davis. *cough* ;)

Yeah, they never followed up on my application, so I assume they didn't care for me.

However, I'm really here to tell you the good new: On Aug 4th I started at Precision Flight Controls in Mather as a firmware engineer. Things are coming along. It's less money than I'd like but it's a steady job, it's interesting, I can telecommute some days, they pay 100% of benefits (including optical and dental. And it doesn't have the toxic atmosphere of my previous job. There's a lot to be said for that.

http://www.flypfc.com/

Speaking of which, I had lunch with one of my former cow-orkers last week. Apparently the other firmware guy misses me terribly and is a bit disgruntled -- he thought he was going to be working with another guy, and suddenly he's the only firmware guy in the company. (And the fact that I have yet to receive a single e-mail or phone question says I left a decent legacy of maintainable code.)

Meantime, the guy who's running the project I'm on now, who was with me that day, remarked that whomever decided to lay me off was an idiot. Former cow-orker emphatically did not disagree.

I went back to work that day feeling pretty smug. :)