2008 Aug 12 11:59

[vox] Chris Dibona @ BALUG (8/19)

Title: Chris Dibona @ BALUG (8/19)

Hi Folks:

Chris Dibona will be speaking at BALUG next Tuesday (8/19).  Chris DiBona is the open source programs manager at Mountain View, Ca. based Google, where his team oversees license compliance, promotes developer outreach, supports the open source community through programs such as the Google Summer of Code and oversees OSS releases on Google Code. (full bio below)

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP:

  RSVP@balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they ensure that we're able to eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

  6:30pm
  August 19th, 2008 (Next Tuesday)

  Four Seas Restaurant
  731 Grant Ave.
  San Francisco, CA 94108
  Easy $5 PARKING:  Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

Chris Dibona's full bio:

Chris DiBona is the open source programs manager at Mountain View, Ca. based Google, where his team oversees license compliance, promotes developer outreach, supports the open source community through    programs such as the Google Summer of Code and oversees OSS releases on Google Code.

Mr. DiBona is an internationally known advocate of open source software and related methodologies. He occasionally appears on the This Week in Tech and Cranky Geeks podcasts. He is a visiting scholar at the MIT Sloan School of Management and has a masters in software engineering from Carnegie Mellon University. Additionally, he serves on the advisory board of imeem, a San Francisco, Ca. based social networking firm.

Before joining Google, Mr. DiBona was an editor and author for the website Slashdot.org . Additionally, he coedited the award-winning essay compilations "Open Sources" and "Open Sources 2.0" and writes for several publications. He was the host of Floss Weekly with Leo Laporte and made a number of appearances on TechTV's "The Screensavers"

His personal blog can be found at
http://dibona.com and he can be reached via email via  chris@dibona.com

--
Andrew Fife
Untangle - The Open Source Network Gateway

650.425.3327 desk
415.806.6028 cell