2008 May 29 21:03

[vox] Called Dell support today

I called Dell support today because I lost my copy of linDVD. Dell has a
special number for Linux systems. I told them I needed to replace my
copy of linDVD because it got "wiped". They connected with Canonical and
the guy fixed me up with a copy for download. It was very smooth. I was
impressed. I also forgot to order my laptop with bluetooth, so they put
me in contact with a sales rep and I ordered the bluetooth that goes
into the system. It was very smooth too. I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and
things are going quite well.

Hate to knock local distributors, but I think with tight integration
with laptops that Dell has been a good way to go so far.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/