2008 May 28 17:59

Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

that's an important point, thank you. now, how to
counter that worry-point?
   the ZaReason machines currently are from Asus,
does that help reassure? the installation of
Ubuntu may or may not require some tricks, don't
know. almost certainly a matter of modules/device
drivers and related firmware and libs. if that is
resolved as any reasonably experienced person can
redo it, does that help reassure?
   my interest is in understanding how to promote
ZaReason and other small, linux-only vendors to be
successful.
   said differently, the worry about a small vs a
large company is statistically fair but on a case-
by-case basis inherently unfair to the small guys.
having a good counter to that worry is important.