2008 May 27 15:07

Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:35:27PM -0700, Andrew Fife wrote:
>    I concur with Jim, ZaReason would be a great choice for an Ubuntu laptop.
>    At Untangle, we recently bought a Shuttle KPC from ZaReason and have been
>    very happy with it.  It seems like Dell is pricing their pre-loaded Ubuntu
>    systems uncompetitively... Shouldn't they be less expensive than their
>    Windows counterparts?  On the other hand ZaReason's prices are very good
>    and they currently have 5 laptop models to choose from including the
>    eeepc.
>
>    http://www.zareason.com

I'm strongly considering ZaReason, if only because they're a 'local' shop,
which I feel good supporting. :)  They seem to come highly recommended, too.

I'm comparing specs and prices, and just thought I'd mention that ZaReason
and Dell aren't too far from each other.  The HP (Vista my only option!)
that someone pointed out is costing a lot more.  It comes with way higher
base specs, though.  But... I'm not trying to fly rockets or anything...

Thanks, all!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/