2008 May 13 11:36

[vox] Installing Linux in a file inside a Windows parition (Was Re:Need to use a computer running Linux for 1-2 hours)

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 09:35:09PM -0700, Gabriel G. Rosa wrote:
> I'd recommend saving media, and going with QEMU[1] or Virtualbox[2]
> (both of which run on windows) and installing a throw-away distribution[3]

I hear that Ubuntu's installer now comes with a feature that lets you use
some space in your Windows partition as a 'host' for your Linux installation,
therefore removing the need to repartition the drive, or install a second
drive.  That's pretty hot.

Anyone got a link to the technology behind that? (I'm guessing it's not
Ubuntu-specific, but just something they happen to be using and touting.)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/