2008 Mar 23 12:51

[vox] [fwd] Installfest 4 Schools Results... And Special Thanks toSFLUG

Seen on SF-LUG's list...  (Good job, Andrew, Jim, Christian, et al!!!)

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Fife <afife@untangle.com> -----

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:08:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Andrew Fife" <afife@untangle.com>
Subject: [sf-lug] Installfest 4 Schools Results... And Special Thanks to
	SFLUG
To: "'SFLUG Mailing List'" <sf-lug@linuxmafia.com>

I wrote an article that just went live on LWN.net about the Installfest
for Schools.  I will post this to other LUG mailing lists later today, but
wanted to get it out to you guys first because of vital role that SFLUG
played in making the San Francisco event at the KIPP school a success.  I
wrote the following into the article:

http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/273770/1d48ed5372f22879/

"We also owe a debt of gratitude to 3 members of the San Francisco Linux
Users' Group (Christian Einfeldt, Jim Stockford and Daniel Mizyrycki), who
worked long hours to set up and clean up that location."

Installfest Highlights:

-Started with 1,000 older/discarded computers
-Aprox 50,000 pounds of electronic waste diverted from the landfill
-Aprox 130 volunteers showed up
-4 Locations (Berkeley, San Francisco, San Mateo & Novato)
-350 fully finished Ubuntu 7.10 desktops to be donated to NorCal schools
-First batch donated to the Ascend School in Oakland

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway
download.untangle.com

650.425.3327 (O)