2008 Mar 21 19:16

Re: [vox] Fwd: Internet Services In Davis

Re: [vox] Fwd: Internet Services In Davis

Looks like you need at&t residential service, which is $28/month and sonic's 3-6mbit service is $35/month, but it says thats the introductory rate, I can't find the normal rate, anyone have any input? also are anyones torrents being capped, dropped, or anything like that?> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:20:01 -0700> From: nbs@sonic.net> To: vox@lists.lugod.org> Subject: Re: [vox] Fwd: Internet Services In Davis> > On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 09:53:49AM -0700, Gandalf Parker wrote:> > I am also amazed at their MOTD. One, that they actually have one. Two, > > that they have it available in so many different ways. And Three, that > > they put so much information there. Most ISPs wont tell you things that > > went wrong if they think you wouldnt be able to tell it went wrong. > > Incredibly open and honest for an ISP.> > Agreed.  After dealing with them via a friend who had a site hosted> (and used their modem dialup), I decided they were the best.  So when I > moved to Davis and needed my own shell/web/email, I signed up for them,> even though they didn't, at the time, have dialup or DSL (wait, did that> exist then?) access anywhere NEAR Davis.> > I used them for DSL when I was in Mtn View, and am using Henry's DSL here> at home. :)> > -- > -bill!> bill@newbreedsoftware.com> http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/> _______________________________________________> vox mailing list> vox@lists.lugod.org> http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox