2008 Mar 09 23:51

[vox] Cost of a new sign at Kinkos

LUGOD is in need of a new sign (for putting up at our booth/table at
events, such as the Yolo County Child Dev. Conf. in April, and
Whole Earth Festival in May).

Someone suggested checking Kinkos.  I did that today, and for a
non-laminated [do we want/need laminated?] vinyl sign, it costs
$9 per square foot.

The person I spoke to said it has to be at least 40" wide
(which is only slightly wider than the 3' we were thinking of),
and it sounded like there was no minimum size requirement for height.

They would print full-color; all we'd need to do is supply them
with a digital image file.  (We have the LUGOD watertower logo at
ridiculously huge resolution, so it's just a matter of adding some
text to the right of it, which we can do easily with The Gimp or
Inkscape.)

So if we got something at 40" x 18", that'd come out to 5 sq ft,
or $45.  (Presumably plus some tax.)

I mentioned this to Henry, and he seems to think it's not
a totally unreasonable price.

Would anyone out here like to take a crack at making art for
the sign?  Or do you all trust me to come up with something
(it'd be nice and basic)?

Thanks,

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/