2008 Mar 04 10:54

[vox] [fwd] Installfest For Schools: Results & Pictures

Some info about the big installfest event that happened this past
Saturday around the bay area.

Did anyone from LUGOD manage to go?

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Fife <afife@untangle.com> -----

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 21:49:00 -0800 (PST)
From: "Andrew Fife" <afife@untangle.com>
Subject: [sf-lug] Installfest For Schools: Results & Pictures
To: <sf-lug@linuxmafia.com>

The installfest for schools on Saturday was a tremendous success!  Despite
a couple of logistical mistakes and my own personal blunder with the
ACCRC's address, 130 F/OSS community volunteers turned up to refurbish
over 1,000 older/broken computers into 403 finished Ubuntu computers for
schools!

This is an incredible accomplishment and SF-LUG deserves a special round
of applause for putting so much time into making the San Francisco
location work!  I'll write up a bit more on the event later but I wanted
to get this info and pictures (see below) out to you guys first!

Pictures here:

http://www.untangle.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=355&Itemid=139

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway