2008 Feb 20 16:15

Re: [vox] Massive Ubuntu Installfest for Schools (March 1st)

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 10:01:41AM -0800, Andrew Fife wrote:
> On Saturday March 1st, Untangle and the ACCRC are organizing a massive
> installfest for Bay Area schools.  We are refurbishing hundreds of
> older/discarded computers with Ubuntu and donating them to Bay Area
> schools.  We need your help from Linux users installing Ubuntu at the 4
> locations, which are San Francisco, Berkeley, San Mateo & Marin County.

That's awesome, thanks for spreading the word about this, Andrew.
I've added this event to the calendar on LUGOD's webpage, and placed a
news item about it.  Hopefully some folks from Davis/Sac can make it out
to one or more of the venues, to help.

For those curious, Google Maps tells me the venues are (from Davis):

  Berkeley - 61 miles, 1hr 2mins  (Hwy 80)

  Novato - 68 miles, 1hr 7mins  (Hwy 80 to 37 to 101)

  SF - 75 miles, 1hr 22mins  (Hwy 80)

  San Mateo - 94 miles, 1hr 40mins  (Hwy 80 to 101)