2008 Feb 15 14:35

[vox] [Discuss] Meeting Format

I got some feedback from some 1st timers at recent Lugod meetings.
Here are some issues that were raised:
1. Try to start relatively promptly and keep the business/intro to 15 min. max - one way is to change the icebreaker question
Example: Name, Favorite FOSS application
Example2: Name, Favorite programming language
Example3: Name, Favorite IRC room or email list

2. Would like a more defined timeframe for the talk portion (aka 1 hour max), some people can't stay for 2-3 hours.
3. More in depth discussion all we want after that time, but it could happen with a chair or location rearrange to signal the talk is over now we're chatting.

I realize this doesn't fit all the meeting topics well, but I hope it will make it easier to bring more people in.

FYI, I forwarded our next announcement to the Geography Club at UCD and will mention it in my QGIS class later today.

Alex