2008 Feb 11 16:46

Re: [vox] Re: Call for speakers for 2008 Linux Users' Group of Davismeetings

Re: [vox] Re: Call for speakers for 2008 Linux Users' Group of Davismeetings

>> Ok, I'll bite on this one.  I can throw together a geocaching talk in
>> under a week without a problem, if that's an ok topic.

BK> Excellent, thanks!  Send me the details so I can post a summary on the
BK> site and send announcements to the usual places.

How about:

Title: GPS Waypoint Management Linux Tools and Geocaching

tools that exist for managing waypoints an other GPS related
information.  He'll also talk about his own open-source "GeoQO" project
(www.geoqo.org), which is a general extensible waypoint database system
that specializes in management of Geocaching waypoints (an overview of
what Geocaching is will be given as well).  GeoQO has many powerful
features such as Google Earth "density" plot generation, automatic
language translation, a extensive scripting interface, and automatic
GUI-screen creation from its scripting interface.