2008 Jan 15 08:36

Re: [vox] E-waste recycling this Saturday

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Wes Hardaker wrote:

"MW" == Marianne Waage <yamara@plush.org> writes:
MW> Thought this might be a good opportunity for people to recycle
MW> their extra oscilloscopes (or, I suppose, computer equipment).

But I want an oscilloscope, so don't recycle it.  Just give it to me :-)
So I'm having an e-waste drop off day too!  But I just only accept
oscilloscopes.  And HAM radios.  And maybe medium-speed computers to
turn into myth-frontends.  And...
No ISP equipment? Want to be your own ISP? Come on! Its really fun. You would be amazed at how a non-desktop linux can be email server, webserver, mmorpg hosting for hundreds of friends. With the stuff in my garage it could be thousands. Even on a DSL.

Gandalf Parker
--
I used them, they used me
now I am an ISP.