2008 Jan 02 12:03

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Call for speakers for 2008 Linux Users'Group of Davis meetings

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Call for speakers for 2008 Linux Users'Group of Davis meetings

>> - mythtv        (recently installed)

RR> Care to tell us about your setup?  I've got a not-very-impressive
RR> Myth box with a Hauppauge 350 (thus SDTV) and will someday want to do
RR> more with it.

It's not much either.  And it has some issues that I haven't resolved.
But otherwise I love it.

It's composed of:
  - A dual core 1.8 intel
  - 2 Gb ram (it does a lot of other stuff too)
  - A very lame motherboard (probably the source of my problem)
  - A 500Gb disk split in LVM
  - 200Gb of disk space devoted to Myth videos (I'd love more at some
    point, but the other 300 is being used by pictures, mp3s,
    other-system-backups, etc)
  - 2 Hauppauge 150s
  - A NVidia 6200 for display (SD) to the TV
  - I'm probably going to add another front end soon (I have the box as
    of two days ago).