Re: [vox] Times Square Ball (off-topic)

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 01:55:58PM -0800, Gandalf Parker wrote:
> Im thinking that some of the old graphics were simple x,y locations and an
> r,g,b,w setting. Converting to a graphic like that would simplify
> programming an interface.

The PPM format and NetPBM tools, or Imagemagick, might be useful.

Convert your image (whatever it may be) down to the appropriate resolution
(the number of RGB LEDs you have), and into an easily-readable format
(R,G,B triplets, uncompressed; PPM can even be stored in plain ASCII with
decimal values) for your display driver.

That'd be fun. :)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/