[vox] Times Square Ball (off-topic)

(Nothing to do with *nix)

This year is the 100th anniversary of the Times Square Ball. This year's Times Square Ball uses over 9500 ultra-bright LEDs instead of the incandescents of past years. It's brighter, more efficient, and allows for finer control (you can even play video on the ball, though it'll be pretty low resolution).

It consists of 168 triangles, each with 12 red, 12 green, 12 blue, and 12 white Philips K2 LEDs, plus 9 white Nichia Rigels that light the interstices.